What is a Cookie?
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in an e-form or provide your personal details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to: Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post. Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to us.
- Write to us.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unlawful disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside of the /www.bvdental.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for your data protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data via interactive website templates. Study the website data protection policy and the status of the website itself - is it padlocked or using https:// or green bar transfer protocols?).